Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blog Post 3 - 'The Diagram'

I did not view ''Encountering the Essay" as an actual essay, for one reason: there was no point. Let me clarify that: There was a point, as the 'author' clearly has a conclusion at the end of the video - that humans will have to redefine authorship, friendship, family, etc, due to the evolution of the internet and how the exchange of information has changed over the years to become more technologically centered.

My question is, 'Why?' While the author gave us a nicely manufactured YouTube video detailing the history of the internet and its role in information exchange, the author did not give us an evidence as to why anything outside of the internet will need to be redefined. Last time I checked, my family still consists of actual people, whether I communicate with them in person or using one of various Instant Messengers available these days.

Therefore, this is the only diagram I can come up with:

[The internet has changed how we communicate and exchange information.]
[ERROR 456B: PLEASE REFRESH PAGE OR CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION]
[We will now have to rethink our definiations of 'family', 'community', etc...]

Or, if you prefer:

0100010111010001001111001010111010101010.

e-NJOY.

No comments: